Sales Intern (Work Placement)
March - September
This exciting, paid work placement opportunity sees you work as a full member of the friendly and enthusiastic Technical Sales team for up to six months.
Cotswold Seeds supplies 15,000 UK farmers and growers in the livestock, arable and horticultural sectors. The company has a specialist interest in the increasingly high profile area of diverse mixtures of grass and legumes and has built a reputation for offering in-depth advice on growing and managing these important crops, which are good for soil and animal health.
Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager, you’ll be on the frontline, taking and processing customer orders during busy seasons. You’ll gain a wide range of skills and experience, from customer service through to accounting and working in a team. You’ll also have opportunities to join other members of the sales team at events, talks and visits. You’ll be expected to bring enthusiasm and willingness to learn as you spend up to 6 months with our sales team.
This unique role enables you to gain valuable experience as a Sales Intern for the busy seasons at Cotswold Seeds. You’ll work as a full member of the sales team, on the frontline talking to customers and processing orders.
You’ll have opportunities to join other members of the sales team at events, talks and visits. You’ll be expected to bring enthusiasm and willingness to learn as you spend up to 6 months with our sales team.
* Answering inbound customer calls and processing order
* Assisting with office administration, such as PDQ
* Learn about Cotswold Seeds products to help advise customers
* Provide customer service and assist with queries
* Communicate issues, problems, or suggestions to the Technical Sales Manager
* Dealing with customer complaints
* Liaison with couriers for delivery issues and complaints
* Full and clean driving licence desirable
* Preferably studying a relevant agricultural/horticultural qualification
* Ability to work unaided or as part of a team
* Fluency in English
* Good mental arithmetic skills
* Familiar with basic computer programs including word processing and spreadsheets
* Personal and professional phone manner
Contact: Sam Lane email@example.com
Deadline midday 14/2/19