This training role, designed to take between 12-24 months, will provide you with the skills you need to become an agricultural Technical Sales Advisor, for this highly respected and long established seed merchant.
Cotswold Seeds supplies 15,000 UK farmers and growers in the livestock, arable and horticultural sectors. The company has a specialist interest in the increasingly important area of diverse mixtures of grass and legumes and has built a reputation for offering in-depth advice on growing and managing these crops, which are good for soil and animal health. This exciting full time role sees you join the enthusiastic, technical sales team, assisting with and taking customer orders, with in-house training to learn how to offer advice to Cotswold Seeds customers.
While this is a predominantly office based role, you’ll have the opportunity to accompany the Technical Sales Manager to farm visits, talks and events to learn more about practical farming and observe the company’s products in the field. This will enable you to apply what you have learnt to your day-to-day interactions with customers.
If you wish to apply for this post, please send a CV to Sam Lane firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 31st January 2019.
- Become the first point of contact for customer calls and enquiries
- Provide professional customer service and technical advice by phone, email, or in person
- Attend events and training courses as instructed
- Study and become familiar with Cotswold Seeds products
- Occasionally accompany Technical Sales Manager to farm visits and talks
- Assist other areas of the business to gain experience
- Full driving licence
- Ability to work well unaided and as part of a team
- Willing to work flexible hours during busy times
- Fluency in English
- Good mental arithmetic skills
- Highly enthusiastic and a desire to grow within Cotswold Seeds
- Competency using computers including word processing and spreadsheets
- Practical farm experience and a knowledge of agricultural systems is desirable